October 14, 2012
It’s a rainy fall day here in northern Illinois, but I just finished a
Read the rest of this entry »
June 12, 2012
I am making progress on my Romanian Point lace doily; just 4 more sets of bars and centers. I’m getting tired of making these wrapped bars; I think next time I will mix it up a little and not leave them all for the end!
I’ve been making cord for my next project, which will be a design of my very own! Exciting…
Also, I FINALLY finished the lace for my fan. This lace was started at the 2010 Doris Southard Lace Guild retreat. Even though I estimated it takes about an hour to do one repeat of the pattern, and there are 38 repeats, there’s no excuse that this took a year and a half to finish. Regardless, it looks great, I love ‘s Gravenmoerse lace, and now I just have to mount it on the fan. The lace was designed to fit this fan and it looks like it will be a perfect fit. I’m going to stitch it to the ribbon at the top of the fan sticks. The only thing wrong with that is the white stitches that will show on the back. I have an idea about how to hide that, do you have an idea for me to consider?
April 17, 2012
I can’t seem to get enough of this. Got a couple of books from my lace guild’s library and continue to see projects that inspire me. This simple flower is from Thompson & Waller’s book Romanian Point Lace. (I would love to have my own copy of this book!) I wanted to play with using a little finer thread for the fillings and color. The cord was crocheted with size 10 cotton, the pink fillings are size 50 Altin Basaak (sp?) and the green is size 20 crochet cotton.
I think this would be really sweet on a little girl’s dress.
April 11, 2012
I started crocheting the cord for Romanian Point Lace last year, but have only just gotten around to starting a project. I followed the tutorial here on ThreadHead’s blog and this is my first finished piece.
Overall I’m pretty happy with it. I can see some things I should have done better, but generally my tension was good. There are some stitches I like better than others. I used the six inner leaves as a sampler for trying different fillings. I like doing the pinwheels; they definitely got easier as they went along. My wheatears are bad, but I think I know what I did wrong.
I’m eager to start a new project already!