January 18, 2015
The Tilly Trout podcast group started a tea cosy knitalong on Monday. I bought and wound the yarn Monday but didn’t get a chance to cast on until Saturday. Getting used to managing stranded knitting again has taken some time but this morning I feel like I am back in the groove of things. I chose this pattern because it has steeks in it, which I have never done but have been itching to learn. Also, I did my first Vikkel braid and I love the look of that technique. I will probably pick up some simpler knitting for football watching this afternoon. The thing about color work knitting is that you want to keep going to see that pattern develop!
The sheep feet are starting to emerge!
January 3, 2015
The needles are flying this morning and I may be wearing new socks tonight!
January 1, 2015
I am reacquainting myself with all my current works in progress and worked a little on each of these today, some more than others!
1. Purple cable sweater from Craftsy class. Just needs sewing up and knit the neckband. (For me)
2. Rhinebeck sweater. Started the collar. Needs sleeves. (Me)
3. Green hat, Cousteau pattern. (Gift)
4. Purple slouchy hat, my pattern. (Gift)
5. Socks, plain vanilla with a couple of cables. Fish lips kiss heel. (Me)
6. Sock yarn blanket. (Me)
7. Bobbin lace ornament. Getting a head start on next Christmas! (Gift)
Can you believe while I was working on these I was planning several new projects? Yes, it’s true! I want to knit another baby sweater and would like to have some Orenburg lace on the needles. This weekend I have some tatting planned – my little tree needs a longer garland. It is going to be a good year!