August 27, 2007

Update on projects

Posted in Bobbin Lace at 8:24 pm by dianelaces

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been so long since I updated my blog.  I’ve have so much to add that I probably won’t get it all posted tonight.

I’ve started the ‘s Gravenmoerse lace for the hul (bonnet) that I want to make for my sister’s costume for Dutch dancing.  The lace is really wide, 5-1/4 inches, so the only pillow that I had that would accommodate it is my bolster.  It’s a little hard to manage the 57 pairs of bobbins, but I’ve just resigned myself that I won’t be able to work quickly on this project.  I have about 4 inches done and the goal is one yard.  I would like to have it done by February 2008 in order to assemble the bonnet long before the first of May when Karen will need it for her performance.

hul-00000.jpg hul-00001.jpg  hul-00002.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: